Perhaps the greatest benefit of shopping at Floors NOW is that our staff has the experience and knowledge to help you make the right flooring choice for your home. Here are a few things to consider before making your purchase, adapted from our friends at Shaw Floors:
1. Don’t be afraid of color: whether it’s bold and daring or soft and delicate, color is the easiest way to brighten your home and express your personality. Think of your floor as the 5th wall in the room!
2. Light-colored carpets show soil more readily than dark shades, while dark shades show more lint. Patterns are best for masking soil and spills.
3. Darker colors make a room cozier, while lighter colors make a room seem larger. Shades of blues and greens are cooling; reds, yellows, and browns add warmth.
4. Carpet has the advantage in rooms where noise is a factor, such as the media room, bedrooms, or an in-law apartment.
5. Carpet is acceptable for allergy sufferers, as a good quality carpet traps allergens until vacuumed.
6. Hardwood floors can work for every room in the house. Ask one of our experts for their recommendation for the style that will match your home.
7. Laminates are available in both stone and wood appearances – many people can’t tell them from actual stone or wood.
8. Tile is easy to maintain, especially if you use a dark grout and seal it.
9. Vinyl is now being manufactured for easy installation – including glueless and floating products that require no rip-up of old flooring!
Have a question? Ask one of our experts!
Just complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!